NIT Bhopal | Rolling Advertisement For Recruitment Of Faculty Positions, Apply by 31 March 2024!
NIT Bhopal is inviting applications for Recruitment Of Faculty Positions. Interested candidates can apply.
Name of the Posts:
- Associate Professor
Level of Pay:
For Associate Professor:
Level-13A2 (Entry Pay ₹1,39,600/-) (Pre-revised pay in PB-4, AGP Rs. 9500).
Level-14A (Entry pay ₹1,59,100/-) (Pre-revised pay in PB-4, AGP Rs. 10500).
Tentative Number of Posts:
For Associate Professor:
Total Vacancies (Including Backlog): 09 [UR-3, OBC-5, SC-0, ST-0, EWS-01].
Total Vacancies (Including Backlog): 15 [UR-04, OBC-06, SC02, ST-02, EWS-01].
Due Date for Application:
1st Jan to 31st March
1st April to 30th Jun
1st July to 30th Sep
1st Oct to 31st Dec
i. In case of less number of applications against the vacancies in a particular department, the Institute reserves the right to club the quarters.
ii. In case of a large number of applications against the vacancies in a particular department, institute also reserve the right to reduce the time period of a particular quarter/cycle. However, before closing, 15 days’ notice will be given on the institute website.
Note: Please refer to point 40 (General instructions &information) for the closing date, cut-off date, and receipt of a hard copy of the application.
For Departments where vacancies exist and require specializations: Please refer to the Institute Website.
- All Engineering Departments: B.Tech./BE M.Tech./ME/MS, or integrated UG and PG in Engineering and PhD in relevant discipline.
- Physics / Chemistry: PhD with BSc (3 years/4 years) and MSc (in relevant branch) or Integrated MSc with PhD in relevant branch.
- Department of Mathematics, Bioinformatics and Computer Applications: Faculty (Mathematics): Mathematics at graduation level and M.Sc./MS/M.A. in Mathematics/M.Sc. Data Science/M. Tech. in Mathematics and Data Science/Dual Degree B. Tech. and M. Tech. in Mathematics and Computing/Statistics and Data Science (BS-MS 5 Years)/Mathematics and Computing (BS-MS 5 Years)/Mathematics and Computing (M.Sc. 5 Years)/equivalent PG Degree, Ph.D. in relevant discipline Faculty (Computer Applications): B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons) /BCA of minimum 3 years or B. Tech. CSE/IT) four years full-time degree from a recognized university in relevant discipline and MCA (minimum three years)/M.Tech. (CSE/IT) from a recognized university, Ph.D. in a a relevant discipline.
- Management: PhD in Management with any Bachelor’s degree (3/4 years) and MBA or equivalent Master’s degree in Management or equivalent PGDM (2 years) as per Association of Indian Universities, or PhD in Management with integrated Master’s degree in Management.
- Humanities: PhD in Humanities with any bachelor’s degree (3/4 years) and master’s degree in relevant branch of Humanities or PhD in Humanities with integrated master’s degree in a relevant branch of Humanities.
- Architecture and Planning: B.Arch./B.Plan. , M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Tech. in relevant field with one year of professional experience for Assistant Professor at Academic Grade Pay Level 10 and for Level 12 and above PhD in vacanciesa relevant discipline is also required.
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence: B.E./B.Tech. in any branch of Engineering, M.Tech. in Artificial Intelligence/ CSE/ IT and Ph.D. in relevant discipline related to AI.
- Centre of Excellence in Product Design & Smart Manufacturing: B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg./Production & Industrial Engg/ Smart manufacturing, Bachelor of Design, M.Tech. in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Mechatronics and Automation, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), Artificial Intelligence in Robotics, Micro Manufacturing, Machine Learning Techniques in Mechanical Engineering and Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
- Energy Centre: B.E./B.Tech. in any branch of Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in Energy/Renewable Energy/Thermal Energy, Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
- Centre for Excellence in Water Management: B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. and Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
All new entrants should have a PhD (except Arch & Planning Pay Level 10) in the relevant discipline and should have first class (60% or 6.5/10 CGPA) in preceding degrees. A new entrant is a candidate who is not an existing faculty member of MANIT Bhopal.
Note: Presently no vacancy in the Department of Chemistry, Management, Biological Sciences & Engineering
and Energy Centre. These department/centre specializations are meant only for serving regular faculty members
of MANIT Bhopal. In case of any vacancy arises in these departments/centres, the same will be notified
As per prevailing guidelines, for the departments which are not have any vacancy, movement in higher AGP/cadre
will be carried out as per the prescribed selection process but it will be restricted to only serving faculty members
of the respective departments.
Serving regular faculty members of MANIT Bhopal shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their
own departments irrespective of their specializations, if they satisfy other advertised criteria.
For detailed requirements of different posts, please refer to the enclosed Schedule ‘E’ of the first statutes of NITs
How to apply:
- Application form will be available in online mode only i.e.http://recruitment.manit.ac.in
- Only the following emails to be used for any correspondence regarding Faculty Recruitment: a) Related to any Administrative/Academic/qualification matters - firstname.lastname@example.org, b) Related to any Technical issues of Online Application Portal - email@example.com
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or should be a person registered as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholder under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955).
- Before filling the Application Form, the candidate must ensure his/her eligibility for the post in respect of qualification and other requisite criteria. The candidate should carefully go through details and instructions available on MANIT Bhopal websitehttp://www.manit.ac.in. Apart from Schedule E available in this Advertisement, candidates are also advised to go through the following important
|Uploaded with this Advt. as
|NITSER Act, 2007
|First Statutes of NIT
|MoE F.No.33-9/2011/TS.III dated 16th April 2019
|MoEF.No. 33-9/2011-TS.III dated 30th November 2017,
|MoEF.No. 33-9/2011-TS.III dated 20th April 2018
|MoEF.No. 33-9/2011-TS.III dated 13th September 2017
|Gazette Notification dated 07th March 2019 of CEI (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Ordinance, 2019
|Prescribed format for Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD)
|NIT (Amendment) Statutes 2023
- Candidates serving in Government/Semi-Government/PSUs/Universities/Educational Institutions should send their applications through Proper Channel. They may send an advance copy of the application form and relevant enclosures. However, they should furnish a No Objection Certificate (NOC) and vigilance clearance from their employer/competent authority at the time of interview.
- Candidates should apply sufficiently in time without waiting for last date, no request for any extension of last date will be considered on any ground whatsoever.
- Since all the posts are to be filled-in by open advertisement only, internal candidates aspiring for higher posts/Pay Levels/Higher cadre may also apply subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria.
- Candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC category have to pay application fee of ₹1500.00 (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only) through SBI Collect which is non-refundable. The fee can be paid by accessing the relevant page on following path: State of Corporate/Institution: Madhya Pradesh; Type of Corporate/Institution: educational institutions→ Educational Institutions name: DIRECTORMANIT→ Recruitment Application Fee. For the Indian Nationals applying from abroad (for all categories) & OCI Card-holders, an application fee of USD $60 is required to be paid.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories and Women candidates are exempted from application fee.
- Candidates will be required to submit separate Application Form for each post and each Department with separate application fee.
- Application fee once submitted is not transferable, is non-refundable and is non-adjustable for any future vacancy.
- In case of candidates applying for multiple posts, they are required to fill separate forms and have to pay the application fee separately for each post.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify/defer or cancel full/part of the advertisement/recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reason. Number and nature of posts shown above may change and vary at the time of selection/recruitment. Further, the Institute reserves the right not to fill any post(s).
- In case of those Departments/Centres where no vacancy exist for the advertised post, the internal serving faculty members of those Departments/Centres may apply, in terms of para 5 of Note I of Schedule E of NIT Statutes, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria, for movement to higher Academic Grade Pay or cadre as per specified selection process
- Institute reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the Recruitment Process, if need arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason therefore.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in person for Technical Presentation and Interview.
- Facility of Technical Presentation and Interview through video conferencing for candidates residing abroad is available at their own risk as Institute is not responsible for any technical issue related to internet connectivity resulting in failure to appear before the presentation/ selection committee.
- SC/ST outstation candidates will be paid to and fro travelling allowance of sleeper class Railway fare by the shortest route (subject to production of tickets) as admissible under the Rules upon furnishing of claim in prescribed format with proof of journey. However, Travelling Allowance is not admissible to those SC/ST candidates who are already in service of Central/State Government services, Central/State Government Corporation, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Government Institutions and Panchayats and those who have availed concession from Railways, if any, for undertaking journey for attending examination. All documents in original and valid photo ID proof (Passport/Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/
- Any Government issued Id) along with a photocopy will have to be produced at the time of Technical Presentation and Interview. In case the candidate does not produce any valid ID proof mentioned above then he/she will not be allowed to attend the same.
- Institute reserves the right to reject or accept the candidature of any applicant at any stage.