NIT Delhi | Advertisement for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Project Assistant (PA) position in the SERB-DST Funded Project, Apply by 13 September 2023!
NIT Delhi is inviting applications for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Project Assistant (pa) Position In The Serb-DST Funded Project. Interested ones can apply.
Title of project:
MHD Waves and flows interaction and its possible role in heating the solar coronal plasma and diagnostics.
Sponsored Agency: SERB (Govt of India), New Delhi-110070.
Name of the post: Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/ Project Assistant (PA)
Vacancy: 01 post
Principal Investigator: Dr. Vinay Shankar Pandey, Associate Professor, Department of Applied Sciences, National Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, 110036
- The candidate must have a Master's degree with at least 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a scale of 10) in any of the disciplines mentioned herewith (Physics/Applied Physics/Astrophysics).
- Preference shall be given to the GATE/NET/CSIR-JRF/UGC-NET candidates in Physical Science for appointment as Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
- However, in case of limited or non-availability of JRF candidates, a Project Assistant (PA) can be appointed per SERB-DST norms.
- Good knowledge of fundamentals in Plasma Physics, Solar Physics and Astrophysics.
- Good programming skills in MATLAB/Python/Fortran/IDL.
- Prior experience of working in the above domains.
Age Limit and Relaxation:
Not more than 28 Years. SC/ST/OBC/Women/PwD candidates will get age relaxation as per Govt. of India/ SERB-DST norms.
Duration of Appointment & Fellowship:
Up to the termination of the project, subject to annual performance review. The duration of the Project is 3 years.
As per SERB-DST norms
Candidates possessing the requisite qualifications and experience should apply, in the attached format along with their updated CV, latest by September 13, 2023, by 11:59 PM to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The date and venue of the Interview shall be intimated to the shortlisted candidates only.
- The candidates must bring all original certificates for document verification at the time of the interview.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible to appear in the Interview.
- The decision of the expert panel set up for the interview will be considered final.
- The appointment is for a time project and the candidate is required to work dedicatedly for the successful completion of the project. The selected candidate has to join immediately.
- The selected candidates will be encouraged to enrol for PhD as per the rules of NIT Delhi.
- All the Terms and Conditions for this recruitment will be as per guidelines of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India.