NIT Jalandhar | Advertisement for the post of JRF in a SERB-funded Research Project, Apply by 15th December 2023!
Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar is inviting applications for the post of JRF in a SERB-funded Research Project. Interested ones can apply. Applications are invited from suitable candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on the research project sponsored by DST-SERB (CRG/2022/006481).
Title of the project:
Development, Characterization, and Analysis of Hybrid Chemomechanical Magnetorheological Abrasive Finishing for Biomedical Applications.
Duration of the project:
3 years (till 17th July 2026), Initial appointment (ON PURELY TEMPORARY BASIS) is for one year, which is extendable up to three years or project durations whichever is earlier based on the performance.
Number of positions:
Rs. 31,000/- for the first two years and 35,000/- for the third year + HRA as per institute/project norms.
GATE-qualified candidates with M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in Manufacturing Technology/ Production Engineering/Mechatronics or related branch with B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical Engineering or allied areas. The GATE qualification can be relaxed for experienced and exceptional candidates.
Knowledge of materials, machine development/programming, modeling software, MATLAB/Python, mechatronics, and Finite Element Analysis.
Preferably below 40 years, age relaxation may be given to experienced, exceptional, or PhD candidates.
In this project, the selected candidate will be working on:
- Design and development of microwave-processed magnetic abrasives
- Development of software module for CMMRAF
- Experimentation and Optimization of CMMRAF variables
- Analysis of collected data and development of suitable process models
- The appointment of the JRF will be purely temporary/ ad-hoc /contractual basis and valid for the above period mentioned above or until the services are required by the Project PI, whichever is earlier.
- The services of the JRF will be liable to termination at any time without any notice and without assigning any reason.
- The appointment shall be specifically for the aforesaid project and staff member will not have any claim / right on any post in the Institute.
- Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
- Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee an invitation to the interview. Candidates will be short-listed based on their merit and as per the requirements of the project.
- LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION IS 17.11.2023 15th DECEMBER 2023.
- Candidates need to mail their documents (in a single PDF file) along with the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the subject in the email: “APPLICATION FOR THE JRF POSITION”.
- Hardcopy of the application form and documents are not required for applying for the post. However, the selected candidate is required to bring all original documents along with them at the time of joining for verification.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in the interview (Online) which is likely to be scheduled in the third week of December 2023. The information of the interview will be communicated through email only provided in the application.