NIT Nagpur | FDP on "Introduction to Discrete-event Modeling and Simulation"; Apply by July 20th, 2021
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, VNIT Nagpur, is organizing a five-day online FDP on "Introduction to Discrete-event modeling and Simulation".
Date of Workshop:
- 26th to 30th July 2021
- Basic Understanding of Discrete-event Simulation (DES).
- Tools and techniques for simple and complex industrial systems modeling.
- Hands-on use of DES copyright software.
- Analysis of “What-if” and “What is” techniques
- Developing Results and solutions for Industrial scenarios like breakdowns, bottleneck, space, resources, inventories, etc.
- Inaugural Session, Introduction of DES in Industrial Engineering (IE), Understanding IE / DES Terminologies, Set up Simul8
- Introduction to Simul8: Basic Features, Introduction to Health Care, Problem Statement and Model Building, Health Care: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model + Q&A Session.
- Introduction to Simul8: Basic Features - Part 2, Introduction to Supply Chain Problem Statement and Model Building, Supply Chain: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model + Q&A Session
- Introduction to Simul8: Advanced Features, Introduction to Manufacturing Problem statement and Model building, Manufacturing: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model + Q&A Session
- Evolution of DES in U.S. & Simulation Methodologies, Analysis Using DES, Introduce DES into Engineering Curriculum, How DES is being taught in colleges in US / Q&A Session, Online Exam/ Vote of Thanks.
Who can Participate:
- The faculty members of AICTE approved Institutions, Universities, Research Scholars;
- Participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/Industry experts, etc.)
- Staff from the host institution.
How to Apply:
- The participants are advised to apply online at the AICTE ATAL registration portal.
- You may visit the following web link to register yourself, fill in the required details, and submit.
- There is no registration fee for any participants.
- An Online Test will be conducted at the end of the program. The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks on the test.
Mode of Delivery:
- Live web sessions through the Online Platform. Participants should have Smartphone/Laptop with a good internet facility.
- All sessions will be conducted online, details for which will be communicated with confirmation of registration.
- Last date for online application: 20th July 2021, (TUESDAY).
- A maximum of 200 participants will be allowed to register for the FDP.
- Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. No registration fee will be charged from the participant.