NIUA is hiring for a Program Intern, Stipend; Apply Now
Hiring for a Program Intern
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) has invited the appliance to hire for a Program Intern at New Delhi, India, or from a remote location. Interested candidates can apply for this. Under the Technical Assistance and Leadership Development Support Unit (TALD-SU) instituted for the NULP program, NIUA seeks to onboard a Program Intern with an interest in planning, executing, and optimizing organisation-wise online program implementation initiatives.
- The Program Intern will support primarily work on scopes concerning program research, implementation, documentation, and stakeholder/partner support.
Research and Development:
- Supplement the method of study within NIUA and NULP through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information
- Support the preparation of program and project status reports required for the section, Management, Government reviews, program analysis, Annual Reports, etc.
- Supplement the activities of content curation, aggregation, and dissemination as outlined under program processes for an equivalent.
- Provide support for creation and implementation of learning needs assessments/analyses with the generation of insights formulating content standards aligned to ecosystem learning requirements.
- Assist the central-level content development and management unit with activities outlined in tandem with program priorities.
- Support city onboarding and activation activities in coordination with implementation partners
- Provide support at the national level, in program planning, implementation, and monitoring to contribute to NULP’s objectives, specifically related to capacity building and leadership development within city ecosystems.
- Contribute to the planning and review of the NULP annual work plan and other strategic and program documents.
- Contribute to knowledge management by preparing briefing notes, meeting documentation, newsletter to assist advance the program implementation activities for NULP through regular communication and knowledge sharing.
- Support delivery of program deliverables as per work plans and milestone schedules
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders within cross-functional departments to make, support, and execute program research, implementation, content generation, social media campaigns, and other key initiatives across channels.
- Assist in drafting briefing notes, talking points, funding proposals, presentations, and preparing donor reports
- Liaise with NULP’s solution partners with reference to program design, digital infrastructure development, and city activation to spot and mobilize technical expertise and implementation o Support delivery of key milestones in close coordination with program partners
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within the field of development, management, urban planning, computing management, or other closely related fields with 0-2 years of experience in roles concerning program support and development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English.
- Demonstrable experience in program management and support at a collegiate/under-graduate level.
- Candidates with prior voluntary/full-time similar work experience in development sector organizations.
- Experience in content authoring tools such as GoAnimate, Articulate, presenter, etc. will be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to figure inclusively and collaboratively with a variety of partners, including grassroots community members, and authorities at different levels.
- Enthusiasm for capacity building, technology, and social impact will be a plus.
- Ability to figure and adapt professionally and effectively during a challenging environment.
- Strong overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong sense of self-motivation with a capability to figure with minimum supervision and deliver on tight deadlines.
Location: NIUA, New Delhi; or from a remote location.
Duration: a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months