Shell | Hiring as Associate Engineer - Process Data SSW, Apply Now!
Shell is hiring applicants as Associate Engineers - Process Data SSW.
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
Skills & Requirements:
- B.Tech/B.E in Petroleum Engineering/Geosciences/Geophysics or relevant
- Experience: Freshers/1-2 years of relevant experience in any one of the areas - subsurface disciplines, technical data management
- Relevant academic & Project experience in a similar role/organization
- Knowledge / Skills in managing subsurface data types
- Ability to connect and verify the consistency and correctness of the data across multiple data sources
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Operational support: loading/managing subsurface data (well data, well logs, and well documents; core data; to and within corporate and project databases
- Responding to the Subsurface & WRFM data team / end-user requests e.g., resolving data quality issues through proactive daily monitoring of IQM queries, reactive identification of data issues, or provision of data sets to the government.
- Participation in the elements of Data Projects where execution can be performed in a back office/center of excellence– e.g., data migration to align with new/global standards.
- Driving data quality improvement through interaction with local data analysts/consultants
- Highlight and resolve challenges/issues identified during the data intake and loading phase
- Identify and apply efficiency improvement initiatives through the application of analytics.
- Perform data management tasks including engagements with Asset focal points for diligent Quality Checks and closing-out data gaps.
- Participate in the existing network and share key achievements and challenges.
- Demystify the process complexity and identify simplification opportunities.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge, and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement
- Shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and a new way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- Providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- Helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- Sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
Full time equivalent