Standard Chartered - Hiring as Software Engineer, Apply Now!
Standard Chartered is hiring applicants as Software Engineer.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
- The overall experience of 2 years in the IT industry with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Java 8 (preferably 11+) with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Good knowledge of Java, JS, Spring, SpringBoot, SpringBatch, and technologies around it.
- Good knowledge of frameworks such as ReactJS and EmberJS, RESTful APIs, HTML, and CSS.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and CICD tools like Git or Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, and Gradle.
- Knowledge and experience in Container Infrastructure such as Openshift (OCP), Kubernetes, Helm, AWS, and Terraform.
- Monitoring and Tracing using tools such as Sysdig, AppDynamics, or Elastic stack.
- Experienced working in an Agile environment with globally distributed teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Continually ideate, scope, develop, deliver, test, and iterate features for the constantly evolving API Platform.
- Ensure appropriate levels of automation are adopted (build, deploy, configure, validate, a monitor).
- Lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions for global internal and external customers.
- Represent the bank technically at industry, regulatory API forums, and workshops with external partners.
- Liaise with other global technology, data, operations, and compliance teams to execute.
- Follow a structured approach to software delivery within the team.
- Advocate best practice release and change management protocols for developments consisting of multiple streams.
People and Talent
- Take ownership and accountability of the squad's deliverables.
- Be a positive contributor to team culture and provide constructive feedback to peers and partner teams.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with the Articles of Association.