Target | Hiring for the position of Data Analyst, Apply Now!
Target is hiring for the position of Data Analyst. Interested ones can apply.
- As a Data Analyst for Digital, you will work closely with business teams and understand their priorities/roadmap.
- Based on this understanding, you are expected to identify appropriate metrics that will drive the right decisions for the business, and then build reporting solutions to deliver these metrics at the required frequency in an optimal and reliable fashion.
- You will also answer ad-hoc questions from your business users by quickly analyzing relevant data, identifying trends and correlations, and forming hypotheses to explain the observations.
- Some of these will lead to more significant analytical projects of increasing complexity, where you will work initially as a part of a bigger team, but also work independently as you gain more experience. Finally, you are expected to always adhere to the project schedule and technical rigor as well as requirements for documentation, code versioning, etc
- B.Tech / B.E. or equivalent experience
- 1.6+ years of relevant experience
- “Hands-on” experience in analytics/data science
- Understanding of foundational mathematics and statistics
- Conceptual understanding of analytical techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Time-series models, Classification Techniques, etc.
- Basic SQL skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex analytical methodologies to clients regardless of the client's technical expertise
- Exposure to R, Python, Hive, or other open-source languages is preferable
- Big data experience is preferable