AMU | FDP on "Statistics & Optimization Techniques Using Software Packages"
- Department of Statistics & Operations Research Aligarh Muslim University is organizing a five-day FDP on "Statistics & Optimization Techniques Using Software Packages".
- This program is being organized to acquire an applied knowledge of statistics and optimization modeling tools using software packages.
Date of Workshop:
- 25 – 29 October 2021)
- To provide full working knowledge of statistical and optimization techniques for solving research and real-life problems,
- To train the participants in the use of software packages (SPSS, MINITAB, R, Python, TORA, and LINGO)
- Descriptive and Exploratory Data Analysis
- Categorial Data Analysis
- Correlation and Regression(Simple, Multiple, Stepwise, Best subset, Logistic)
- Testing of Hypothesis parametric and non-parametric Test
- ANOVA, MANOVA, Medical Statistics, Various Multivariate Techniques such as Factor Analysis Cluster Analysis & Structural Equation Modelling Linear Programming Problem, Assignment, and Transportation Problems.
- Induction to Software packages(SPSS, Minitab, Lingo, TORA, and R) with necessary commands
- The participants would be able to use appropriate tools of statistics and optimization along with the interpretations of
- The results obtained from the data set The participants will have a working knowledge of various Software Packages for using the above techniques.
Who can Participate:
- The faculty members of AICTE approved Institutions, Universities, Research Scholars;
- Participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/Industry experts, etc.)
- Staff from the host institution.
How to Apply:
- The participants are advised to apply online at the AICTE ATAL registration portal.
- You may visit the following web link to register yourself, fill in the required details, and submit.
- There is no registration fee for any participants.
- An Online Test will be conducted at the end of the program. The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks on the test.
Mode of Delivery:
- Live web sessions through the Online Platform. Participants should have Smartphone/Laptop with a good internet facility.
- All sessions will be conducted online, details for which will be communicated with confirmation of registration.
- A maximum of 200 participants will be allowed to register for the FDP.
- Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. No registration fee will be charged from the participant.