Australian National University | Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP), Stipend Scholarship; Apply ASAP
Each year the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training provides funding to Universities to award scholarships to domestic and international students undertaking Higher Degree Research programs.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 set the basis for the conditions of the award and outline the basic eligibility requirements for this scholarship.
The ANU has established an RTP Policy & Procedure which outlines the standards, processes, and conditions for this scholarship. These documents are available from the reference document section of this page.
- Stipend scholarship for three years, with the possibility of:
- Six-month standard extension; and
- Another six-month extension if the reason for the request falls within the additional eligibility criteria under Item 15. Period of Support, of the AGRTP Procedure.
- Travel and removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program.
- Thesis allowance
- Dependent child allowance (International students only).
- Paid medical, maternity, and parental leave (See sections 51-68 of the Research Training Program Scholarships procedure).
- Suspension of Scholarship (See sections 43-48 of the Research Training Program Scholarships procedure).
Deadlines for scholarship rounds :
|Scholarship round||Admission application closing date||Commencement Year|
|2022 Round 1 International||Closing 31 August 2021||2022|
|2022 Round 1 Domestic||Closing 31 October 2021||2022|
|2022 Round 2 International and Domestic||Closing 15 April 2022||2022|