CENTRE FOR BRAIN RESEARCH - Hiring for Research Interns, Apply by March 31ˢᵗ, 2023
Centre For Brain Research is hiring interns to work on the projects. The candidates have to indicate about 3 projects of their choice.
- Aspiring interns should be in the pre-final or final year of their Master’s (M.Sc/ M.E/ M.Tech) or 4-year Bachelor’s degree course (B.E/ B.Tech) in India in any area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology or in streams (such as Computer Science, EECS, Data Science, Mathematics, and Statistics) that are relevant to the research projects at CBR
- Applicants in the final year of MD/MS/MDS/MPH/MBBS are also encouraged to apply
Projects listed :
- Somatostatin interneurons in neural dynamics and oscillations
- Transcriptomics of microvasculature
- Investigating the link between calcium dysregulation and protein synthesis defect in Alzheimer's disease (AD)
- Studying the epi transcriptomic changes in Alzheimer's disease (AD)
- Examining the defective energy metabolism in Alzheimer's disease (AD)
- Identifying nuclear-encoded mitochondrial DNA in the Indian population
- Estimating constraints in non-coding variation in a cohort of Indian genomes
- Role of tDCS in Neurocognition
- Role of tACS in Neurocognition
- SSENSE (CBR-SENSory health in the Elderly
- Next-generation sequencing of human DNA samples
- Biomechanical evaluation of cognitive-motor control of gait and posture to study the modulatory effects of brain reserves
- Characterization of early gait and balance dysfunction to differentiate physiological and pathological aging and predict the risk of neurodegenerative diseases
- What part do co-pathologies play in the progression of dementia?
- The role of regional tau pathology in cognitively resilient and vulnerable Alzheimer’s patients.
- Sex-specific differences in the locus coeruleus during early Alzheimer’s disease (AD)
INR 20,000 per month
The time period of the internship is for 3 months. Based on the candidate’s interest and profile, engagements longer than 3 months will be considered.
Key points :
- Last Date to apply: 31 March 2023
- Tentative date for result: 17 April 2023
- At the end of the program, the intern will be required to submit a detailed report summarising the training and accomplishments.