DPIIT | Internship Opportunity by Ministry for Commerce & Industry, Apply ASAP!
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry has introduced an internship scheme for students pursuing Undergraduate/Post Graduate degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized Universities/Institutions within India or abroad. The objective of the internship scheme is to give exposure to the students to understand the working culture of Govt. of India and to apprehend the schemes being run by this Department.
The Internship Scheme will remain open throughout the year and applicants can choose a period of their choice ranging from- one month / two months / three months as per their requirements. The applications will be accepted through online mode only.
Applicants pursuing Graduation/Post Graduation/Research in the following domain are eligible to apply:
- Library Management
Note:- Candidates from other domains can also be considered based on requirements on a case-to-case basis.
Period of Internship:
The period of the Internship shall be a minimum of one month and a maximum of three months. After completing the internship, students will be awarded an Experience Certificate. Those who will not complete the requisite period of internship will not be awarded any certificate.
Maximum Number of interns selected at a time:
Not more than 20
Interns would be paid a stipend of Rs. 10000/- (Ten Thousand) per month.
Procedure for Selection and Other Modalities of the Scheme:
- All the applications received through online mode in the Department will be compiled in one place in the Establishment Division.
- Sections/divisions will send their requirement for "Interns" to the Establishment Division with the approval of the concerned Bureau Head.
- On receipt of a request from a Division/Section for intern/s belonging to a particular discipline, the details of the available applications of that discipline will be provided to the concerned Division.
- The Bureau Head will select intern(s) based on their requirement and inform the same to Estt. G Section. Thereafter, Estt. G Section will obtain approval from DS(Estt) and send the offer letter to selected Interns.
- Processing of payment towards the stipend amount will be initiated by Estt. G Section after completion of the internship period. A certificate on the effect that assigned work has been successfully completed by the intern is required to be submitted by the interns concerned. The said certificate will be issued by the section concerned in which interns worked.
- The concerned Divisional Head shall be responsible for ensuring that the work program and output mutually agreed upon with the Intern is satisfactorily completed. Interns shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Divisional Head about their learning experience.
- The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the concerned Division/Section.
- The conduct of the interns and their access to data shall be the sole responsibility of the concerned Divisional Head.