NIT Surthkal e-workshop Surface Characterization
Five-day National E-Workshop on
Surface Characterization: Tools and Applications (SCTA-2020)
14th - 18th of December 2020
Sponsored by TEQIP PHASE-III
The Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME), National Institute of Technology Karnataka(NITK), is organizing an online workshop on the tools and applications of Surface Characterization from 14th-18th December 2020.
The following speaker will deliver the lecture in this online workshop by NIT Karnataka-
Resource Persons for the online workshop are from IITs, NITs, Foreign Universities, Industries, and other reputed organizations.
The following candidates can apply:
- Research Scholars
- PG students of Engineering Colleges in the Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and related Engineering
- other Science disciplines
|Last date for receipt of application:||1 st Dec 2020|
|Intimation of selection (via an e-mail):||5 th Dec 2020|
|Confirmation by participant:||8 th Dec 2020|
The following topics will be covered:
- basic and emerging trends in surface characterization tools applications
- how surface characterization to support the various materials
- surface characterization tools
- SEM and HRTEM
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- Fundamentals of EBSD & analysis of metals using EBSD
- Atomic force microscopy
- Texture and residual stress analysis
There is no registration fee for NITK students and NonNITKian for attending the E-workshop for five days.
The E-certificate will be provided by The Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME), National Institute of Technology Karnataka through registered e-mail.
How to apply
Interested candidates who want to join this online workshop on Surface Characterization: Tools and Applications NIT Karnataka can apply here