Graduate Scholarship Programme at Vanier Canada [Apply now]
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada's ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences, and/or engineering and health.
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences, and/or engineering and health.
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and ability)
Value: $50,000 per year
- Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit an application package. July – November 2021
- Deadline to apply to the nominating institution. Contact the nominating institution for a specific date.: Internal Deadline (varies)
- Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program: November 2, 2021 (20:00 EST)
- Review and evaluation of nominations: November 2021 – March 2022
- Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet: Early April 2022
- Payments begin: May 1, 2022, September 1, 2022, or January 1, 2023