IIT Kanpur Application Invited for Project Postdoctoral Fellow, Apply by Sept. 25th, 2021
Computational Nanoscience and Interfacial Science Lab invites application for the post of Project Postdoctoral Fellow in the SERB project at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Project: "Structural evaluation of building block of ice in different geometry/conditions and its impact on nucleation behavior".
About the Position:
- Position: Project Postdoctoral Fellow
- No of Positions: 01
- Duration: Initially 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If the performance of the candidate is good,
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Computational Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a strong background in statistical mechanics, molecular simulations, and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics.
- The candidate should have rich experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment and software codes such as LAMMPS, PLUMED, GROMACS.
- Experience in methods such as Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation would be considered favorably.
- Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to :
The selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online Interviews.
Short-listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview.
- Last date for receipt of application: September. 25, 2021.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Interested candidates may be applied on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificate by 25 Sep.. 2021