IISC | MBBS/MPH Research Internship Program, Apply ASAP!
IISC is inviting applications for MBBS/MPH Research Internship Program. Interested ones can apply.
Thematic areas of Research:
Cancer Biology, Biomaterials, Biomedical devices, Artificial Intelligence, and many others.
Who can apply?
Registered students who are in their third year of the MBBS degree program at an MCI/ NMC recognized medical school in India and have completed/ or will complete their Phase-3 (Part 1) before December 2023 are eligible to apply.
Registered students who have completed/ will complete their 1st year MPH degree before December 2023 at a recognized institute in India are eligible to apply.
Transcripts will be checked before the start of the internship.
The internship is for 4 weeks (minimum) to 8 weeks (maximum).
Selected students may avail of this opportunity only once between March 2023 – February 2024 in consultation with IISc faculty.
Selected candidates will be paid INR 25000/month (+ travel allowance). The internship will be provided for a maximum period of TWO months.
Candidates will not be provided hostel accommodation.
A certificate of participation will be awarded after the successful completion of the program.
How to apply?
Students may complete the below Google form to apply for the internship:
MBBS: Google form
MPH: Google form
To identify projects from the participating faculty in the program, visit the “List of Projects” section.
Requirements to apply:
- Academic record: Enter CGPA/overall percentage and Rank in Class.
MBBS students: If phase 3-part 1 score are not announced at the time of application, enter the previous semester's grade/ percentage.
MPH students: If the 2nd-semester results are not announced at the time of application, enter the previous semester's grade/ percentage.
- Laboratory preference: Select faculty preferences based on your research interests in the google form. To identify projects from the participating faculty in the program, visit the “List of Projects” section.
- Statement of Intent (200 words max): The Statement of Intent will be used to evaluate the applicant for admission into the internship program. You may use this section to provide insights into your academic record, and career goals, and describe how the internship will benefit your aspirations.
- Support letter: The Registrar/Dean/Principal of your institution should confirm, on an official letterhead that, “The applicant meets the eligibility criteria of the internship program at the time of application”. All uploaded documents should be less than 10 MB.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for the program.
- Selected candidates for the internship program will be informed by March 2023.
- Submitted applications will be evaluated to identify qualified applicants for the laboratories of choice indicated in the form during the time of application.
- For any queries, refer to the FAQs section.