[FREE] 1013th IIRS Outreach Programme [Limited Seats]
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is organizing one day Workshop on “Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications”.
- The proposed workshop is planned to provide an overview of the theory and techniques of remote sensing of the Moon and their applications in analyzing lunar surface characteristics and its geology with special emphasis on Indian lunar missions.
Date of Workshop: May 12, 2021
- Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing.
- Reflectance spectroscopy and detection of endogenic water on the Moon: Examples from recent lunar Missions.
- Recent advances in radar exploration of the Moon.
- Lunar South Pole Aitken basin - understanding mantle geochemistry remotely.
- Chandrayaan-2 Imaging Infrared Spectrometer (IIRS): Some initial results for mineral analysis.
- Panel Discussion and Q/A session.
- Mg-Spinel Mineralogy on the Moon.
Who can Participate?
- Student of final year undergraduate course or postgraduate course (any year).Technical/Scientific Staff of Central/State Government/Faculty/researchers at university/institutions.
- Users receiving programs under CEC-UGC/ CIET networks can also participate.
How to Apply?
- To participate in this program the interested organizations/universities/departments/institutes have to identify coordinators at their end.
- All the participants have to register online through the registration page by selecting his/her organization as the nodal center.
- No Registration Fee.
- E-Certificate will be issued to participants (*Minimum 75 % attendance).