IIT Gandhinagar Position Opening for Postdoctoral Fellow, INR 50,000/- p.m.+ HRA, Apply by Sept. 30th, 2021
A one-year Postdoctoral Fellow position (12 months) funded by IIT-Gandhinagar with Prof. Sutapa Roy, Physics discipline, is available with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds, the appropriate review process, and candidate’s performance in the first one year. The candidate is expected to carry out computational research in Classical Statistical Physics.
About the Project:
In this project, using large-scale molecular dynamics simulations we aim to study the static and dynamical properties of a confined binary liquid mixture close to its demixing critical point.
Particular focus will be given to the non-equilibrium dynamical properties. We will also investigate the universal nature of the dynamics of such fluids.
About the Position:
- Position: Postdoctoral Fellow
- No of Positions: 01
- Duration: 12 months
- The candidate should hold a Ph.D. degree in Physics or Chemical Engineering, preferably not longer than two years back.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis or are about to submit may also apply.
- Strong academic background with good marks in B.Sc, M.Sc, publications in reputed internal journals from Ph.D.
- Prior experience of research work in the field of classical Statistical Physics, Soft Condensed Matter.
- Prior experience of computer simulations using Monte Carlo and molecular dynamics methods must.
- The candidate is expected to conduct research at IIT-Gandhinagar on the above-mentioned project and help the host with various teaching-related activities and various departmental activities.
Salary: 50,000 /- per month + HRA (10,000 /-)
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a one-page write-up and a detailed CV to Dr. S.I. Kundalwal (kundalwal[at]iiti.ac.in), via email only with the subject line as “Application for JRF position in CSIR project”.
- Last date of application: 30 Sept 2021