IIT Guwahati Applications invited for the Ph.D. programs.
Overview: Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for July 2021 Session admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs of IIT Guwahati for the July 2021 Session.
- Applications are to be submitted online. Under the same login, you have the option to apply to multiple departments/centers. However, for each department/center you need to pay the application fee separately. Before applying, please carefully go through the information given in each of the following links.
- Register and Apply Online
- Application Submission Process Starts on: March 16, 2021 (10 am)
- Application Submission Process Ends on: April 12, 2021 (5 pm)
Other Information / Instruction
- The validity of the OBC-NCL Certificate: The OBC-NCL certificates uploaded/ submitted by the OBC-NCL candidates must be issued on or after April 01, 2020. Any OBC-NCL certificate issued before April 01, 2020, is treated as invalid.
- The validity of Income & Asset Certificate for EWS: To avail the benefit of reservation under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS), the candidates should upload/ submit a copy of the Income and Asset Certificate (of last financial year) issued on or after April 01, 2020. Any Income and Asset certificate issued before April 01, 2020, is treated as invalid.
- Reimbursement of Travel Fare by Train: For attending Ph.D. interviews, the Regular Category candidates shall be provided reimbursement of travel expenses at the rate of to-and-fro sleeper class railway fare or equivalent (as per IIT Guwahati's travel reimbursement rules). Not applicable as all the interviews are to be held online because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Limiting Number of Candidates for the Selection Process: The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test and/or interview/ portfolio review, if required, based on performance in GATE/ NET/ CEED/ INSPIRE, grades/ marks in the qualifying degree examination, etc.
- Cautionary Note: The above information is not the complete set of Rules & Regulations for the Ph.D. programs of IIT Guwahati.
- Medical Insurance: Students of IIT Guwahati are covered under the Group Medical Insurance Scheme (GMIS) up to a maximum limit of rupees one lakh only. Claims under GMIS will be applicable for new students with effect from 1 August 2021 only. And many more..
Joint Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Academic Affairs Section
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati