IIT Indore course on Basic Network Administration with Switching and Routing
Basic Network Administration with Switching and Routing
Organized by Computer and Information Technology Centre
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Course Coordinator: Dr. Neminath Hubballi
Course Dates: April 21-24, 2021
applications are invited to IIT Indore For a course on " Basic Network Administration with Switching and Routing" from 21-24 April 2021.With the increased reliance on Internet for various day-to-day activities, it becomes essential to manage networks effectively without downtime and issues. An integral part of network administration is configuring, managing various network equipment like Switches and Routers. This certificate course will introduce and give necessary hands-on experience of Switching and Routing
Who should attend?
Fresh engineering graduates, diploma holders aspiring for a career in computer network management. Students of CSE or IT who are in the 3rd and final year of their degree program having a passion for networking. IT professionals working in industries.
- Course Dates: April 21-24, 2021
- Online registration at http://www.iiti.ac.in/registration
- Fee: INR 3000 +540 GST =3540/-
- Understanding basic concepts and functions of network components (Routers, L2 and L3 switches,
- Next-generation Firewalls, Access points, wireless Controllers). Overview of Switching, Local Area
- Network, Virtual LAN.
- Creating a LAN with layer 2 switches (different topologies), Demonstration of various commands
- used to configure Layer 2 switches. Demonstration of Virtual LAN creation, Working of Spanning Tree
- Switching Fabric, Ternary Content Addressable Memory, Types of Switches (Ethernet, Fiber Optic)
- and ports, Optical Fiber communication.
- Demonstration of different types of ports in switches. Optical Transceiver (Small Form Factor).
- Overview of Routing, Subnetting, and Supernetting, Private and Public IP addresses, Network Address
- Translation, Routing Algorithms, Distance Vector Routing.
- Configuring a subnetted network, Verifying the Routing table, Basic Router configuration.
- Routing Information Protocol, Overview of OSPF, Overview of BGP.
- Implementing NAT with a router, Implementing a Basic access control list with the router.