IIT Kanpur | Opening for Project Postdoc Fellow [Emolument: Rs.60,000/-] Apply by July 27, 2021
- The Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, invites applications for one post of Project Postdoc Fellow in a sponsored project.
- Project Title: "Large-scale Multicity Dense Urban IoT Real-time Air Quality Monitoring Networks in India".
About the Position:
- Position: Project Postdoc Fellow
- No. of Position: 01
- Duration: 3 years
- Emoluments: Rs.60,000/- + HRA as per Institute norms
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Environmental Science and Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Climate Sciences.
- Strong background in atmospheric science and air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing.
- Prior fieldwork experience in air quality monitoring and in operating and maintaining air quality monitoring sensors.
- Impressive publications record in high-impact air quality research journals. Knowledge of any scientific programming language.
Nature of Job:
- The candidate would coordinate and run large city-scale networks for air quality measurements using low-cost sensors.
- The candidate would be in charge of the air quality sensors and responsible for their regular operation, calibration, and maintenance, and maintain device uptime.
- The candidate will also take part in the analysis of large datasets evolved during such monitoring.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org), giving full details of qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by July 27, 2021. The Selection will be based on Zoom/Skype online interviews. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date of the interview by email.
- Last date to Apply: on or before July 27, 2021.