IIT Kanpur Opening for Research Associate, INR 47,000/- p.m., Apply by Oct. 7th, 2021
Smart Materials Structures and Systems laboratory (SMSS), IIT Kanpur is seeking passionate and motivated researchers to work in the field of Robot Mediated Interaction with children.
Project Title: "Cognitive Robotics based study of Child-Robot Interaction (CRI) - Characterization of Critical Parameters and Interaction Design
About the Position:
- Position: Research Associate - I
- No of Positions: 01
- Age Relation: Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years of SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates.
- Tenure of Appointment: Temporary on a Contractual basis for one year or until the project ends.
- Salary range: INR 47,000 per month
Ph.D. (awarded/ submitted) or M.E./ M.Tech. + 3 years of relevant experience in Engineering (EE/CSE/Mechatronics), Cognitive Sciences, or related field.
- Good understanding of Mathematical modeling, Statistical Methods, and Probability theory
- Experience in working with Robot Programming, Cognitive Architectures
- Experience with experimental studies with subjects/children and Design of Experiments
- Good Python programming skills
- Prior experience working with NAO or similar robot is desirable
- Good publications track record
- Research, Design and Conducting game-play based Interaction Experiments with NAO Robot (and other benchmarking robots) and subjects of various age-groups
- Modeling and validating Cognitive Architectures of Child Learning
- Preparing and publishing research articles in peer-reviewed journals
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may send their application including the details of complete professional academic record (attach copies of certificates) and work experience to the undersigned, by e-mail (bishakhbiitk[at]gmail.com).
- last date to Apply: October 7th, 2021