IIIT Allahabad Research Internship on "Computational and Theoretical Aspects of Gravitational Physics"
- Computational and Theoretical Aspects of Gravitational Physics at IIIT, Allahabad
- Pedagogical lectures and Hands-on Sessions on Gravitational Wave Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Numerical Relativity, and Black Hole Perturbation Theory.
- Continuous scrutiny of the projects through assignments and interactions
- Long Term Research Opportunities in Computational Gravity and Black Hole Physics
- Exposure to Python and Mathematica computational skills
- Limited support to the interns is available for stationary and consumables as per the SERB norm.
How to Apply:
- Prepare a single pdf file comprising the Application Form together with a Statement of Purpose, and send to the following address: email@example.com
- Position Available: Two
- Program-Duration: 8 weeks, between May-July, 2021
- Mode of Program: Online
- Application DeadLine: April 30, 2021
- Applicants must arrange a ”No Objection Certificate” from the Head of the Department/Institute endorsing their association with the institute. NOC must be submitted along with the application form.
- Applicants are supposed to arrange a letter of recommendation from their Supervisor/HoD. The recommendation letter should reach firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30 April 2021.
- Familiarity with basic aspects of general relativity is desirable.
- The selection will be based on the academic records, statement of purpose and recommendation letter. Based on the number of applicants, there might be a short interview for selecting the candidates.
- Each selected intern must submit a report on the project she/he would undertake.
- On successful completion of the internship, the students will get a certificate on their participation and performance.