VIGYAN VIDUSHI Summer School in Physics for women students in first-year M. Sc.
Summer School in Physics
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is organizing an online summer school in physics for women students enrolled in 1s of an M. Sc. course in physics, or 4th year of an integrated B.Sc-M.Sc program in physics, The Duration for this Summer School is 31s, May to 19th June 2021.
- Three-week online summer school 0 Courses in contemporary theoretical and experimental physics
- Lectures by eminent women scientists 0 Interactive mentoring sessions
- Introduction to physics education research
Women students enrolled in 1st year of M.Sc., or 4. year of integrated B.Sc-M.Sc. Program in Physics Students enrolled in Integrated M.Sc¬Phd programs are not eligible.
The last date to apply for this Summer School is 15. April 2021
The following topics will be covered in this summer School,
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Experimental Techniques in Physics
- Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Introduction to Laser and Plasma Physics
- Introduction to Quantum Computation
- In addition to the regular courses, the VV program will have the following unique features:
- Special lectures by women scientists, as well as on women scientists that would serve as role models
- Ample opportunities for interacting (online) with subject experts, including many women scientists
- Special mentoring dealing with gender-related issues
- Exposure to Physics Education Research
Selection of participants
About 40 women students will be selected from nationwide applications.
The selection will be based on
- The academic profile of the applicant,
- Recommendations of two referees, and
- A 200-word writeup on the applicant’s interest in physics