[Free] ISRO workshop on "GIS for Supply Chain Management"
Overview: Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is organizing a GIS Course on "Supply Chain Management".
- Students studying business management, logistics, and related fields.
- Management professionals interested in GIS/location-based decision making
- Start-ups and innovation centers.
- A geographical Information System (or GIS) is an information system that captures, stores, manipulates, analyses, and helps visualize location-based data.
- It encompasses a wide array of technologies including satellite-based imaging, location-based services, spatial sciences, and information technology.
- A GIS-based Supply Chain Management (SCM) toolchain can help provide a shared single-truth information platform on which specialists can build value-added applications.
- The course content will be market-driven and will be delivered by experts in their respective fields.
- In the future, it also plans to offer niche internships to graduates from top B -schools in these areas.
Dr. Sameer Saran Head, Geoinformatics Dept., IIRS
firstname.lastname@example.org 0135 252 4123