NIT Jamshedpur | Admission to Ph.D. Program on various Subjects
- Admission to Ph.D. Program for Autumn Semester 2021-2022 in NIT Jamshedpur for various departments.
Departments and Vacancies:
- Civil Engineering (CE): 9
- Computer Applications (CA): 3
- Computer Science and Engineering (CS): 4
- Electrical Engineering (EE): 6
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE): 8
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): 12
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME): 4
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PIE): 6
- Chemistry (CH): 5
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management (HSSM): 3
- Mathematics (MA): 6
- Physics (PH): 3
Categories of Ph. D program:
1. Institute Research Scholars (Full Time):
- Candidates under this category are entitled to the fellowship from the Institute as per MHRD norms. The candidate must have qualified GATE/NET or any other equivalent test recognized by MHRD for the award of the fellowship.
2. Sponsored Research Scholars (Full Time):
- Candidates under this category receive financial support from AICTE under QIP scheme or from Government Institutes/organizations under study leave. Foreign students shall be sponsored by their Government or awarded scholarships by Govt. of India, ICCR, or other such organizations/ agencies.
3. Self Financed Research Scholars (Full Time):
- Candidates under this category are those who support themselves or receive a fellowship from other agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, JEST, etc.
4. Self Financed Research Scholars (Part-Time):
- Research scholars under this category shall be persons employed in Industries/R&D organizations/Institutions. They shall be required to furnish No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. The candidate will produce a certificate that he will be permitted for attending classes and examinations as and when conducted by the Institute.
5. Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of N.I.T. Jamshedpur (Part Time):
- Regular faculty members, regular staff members and sponsored project fellows of N.I.T. Jamshedpur are eligible for admission to Ph. D program in concerned Departments.
6. External Registration Program (Executive Ph.D.):
- Regular working personnel of Defence/R&D/Listed reputed companies with at least three years of experience is eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program in concerned Departments. They shall be required to furnish a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. However, they need not attend classes at the institute. There have to be minimum of 30 days face to face interaction with the supervisor in the Institute in one academic year. Provision of Joint Guidance from the parent organization.
1. Ph. D in Engineering:
- Master Degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5
2. Ph. D in Sciences, Computer Applications, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Management
- Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5
How to Apply:
- The online application form and the information brochure for admission to the Ph.D. program are available on the Institute website.
- •The candidates who are employed and wish to do a Ph.D. must submit SPONSORSHIP/ NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer at the time of admission, without which admission will not be possible.
- Advertisement on the Institute website: 17/05/2021 (Monday)
- Last date for receipt of application forms: 21/06/2021 (Monday)
- Intimation regarding interview call to be uploaded on institute website: 07/07/2021 (Wednesday)