NIT Meghalaya Positions Opening for JRF/SRF in Mechanical Engineering
- Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research for the project under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (File No.: CRG/2019/005045) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Meghalaya.
"Low Cost, Faster and Accurate Low-Velocity Impact Damage Imaging along with Depth Profiling for Carbon Fibre Reinforced Composite Materials using Vibro-thermography and Concept of Local Defect Resonance"
- MTech/ME (or, BTech with valid GATE score) in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Design/Manufacturing/Applied Mechanics with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent in Master’s degree (or, 75% marks or an equivalent in Bachelor’s degree with valid GATE score).
- Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms.
- Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as of 7th August 2021 (relaxable as per the norms/orders of GOI).
- Possessing essential qualifications mentioned for the JRF position (above) and at least 2 years of research/teaching experience post Masters’ degree as evidenced from published papers in journals.
- Age limit: Must not be over 32 years on 7th August 2021, with relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply:
- Candidates have to apply through the application form.
- Append your self-attested scanned copies of the certificates, the application form and send them to tanmoy.bose[at]nitm.ac.in as a single PDF file.
- The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF/SRF in the project (CRG/2019/005045)”.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for an interview by 08-08-2021.
- Last date for Application: 07-08-2021.
- Duration: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up to end of the project duration solely based on the performance.
- No TA/DA will be given to candidates for attending the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear for the interview by email and no other communication in this regard will be entertained.