NIT Silchar invites application for Admission into Ph.D. Program
- Applications are invited for admission into Ph.D. program in the following departments with the area/ specializations and admission group as mentioned in the table for the session July to Dec 2021.
Departments and Vacancies:
- Civil Engineering (CE):
- Computer Applications (CA):
- Computer Science and Engineering (CS):
- Electrical Engineering (EE):
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE):
- Mechanical Engineering (ME):
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (MME):
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PIE):
- Chemistry (CH):
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Management (HSSM):
- Mathematics (MA):
- Physics (PH):
Categories of Ph. D program:
There are two Groups (A and B) of admission under Ph.D. Program.
1. GROUP A: Ph.D. Program (Eligibility)
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent with GATE / NET qualification in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
- B.E./B.Tech. with an excellent academic record with valid GATE score and with a CPI of at least 8.0 (on 10 point scale) or equivalent (75% of marks). For graduates from IITs/NITs, the minimum CPI requirement is 7.0 (on 10 point scale). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CPI or 5% of marks.
2. GROUP B: Ph.D. Program–No financial assistance or stipend by NIT Silchar will be provided for this GROUP.
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale)or equivalent (55% of marks).
- An Application Fee of Rs.500/- (for Open / OBC) OR Rs.250/- (for SC/ST/PwD)
How to Apply:
- The online application form and the information brochure for admission to the Ph.D. program are available on the Institute website.
- •The candidates who are employed and wish to do a Ph.D. must submit SPONSORSHIP/ NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer at the time of admission, without which admission will not be possible.
- Last date for receipt of application forms:2nd July 2021 by 5.00 p.m.
- List of short-listed candidates to be uploaded to the institute website: 9th July 2021
- The applicant must upload all relevant documents, self-attested, in connection with the credentials claimed by the applicant in pdf format along with the scanned signed copy of the Declaration form at the time of filling up of application form.
- The date of counseling and document verification, upload of the list of provisionally selected candidates in the Institute website (including waitlisted candidates), and the period of Admission and Registration will be published at the appropriate time on the institute website.