NIT Silchar | Admission into Ph.D. Program, Apply by 2nd July
- Applications are invited for admission into the Ph.D. program in the following departments with the area/specializations and admission group as mentioned in the table for the session July to Dec 2021.
Departments and Vacancies:
- Architecture and Planning:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Management
- Management Studies
Categories of Ph. D program:
- There are two Groups (A and B) of admission under Ph.D. Program.
1. GROUP A: Ph.D. Program
- Research Fellowship is available to the scholars who are admitted to Ph.D. programs in different departments subject to the availability as stipulated by the Ministry of Human Resources Development. The award and renewal of the fellowship are as per the guidelines issued by MoE, from time to time.
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent with GATE / NET qualification in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
- B.E./B.Tech. with an excellent academic record with a valid GATE score and with a CPI of at least 8.0 (on 10 point scale) or equivalent (75% of marks). For graduates from IITs/NITs, the minimum CPI requirement is 7.0 (on 10 point scale). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CPI or 5% of marks.
2. GROUP B: Ph.D. Program–No financial assistance or stipend by NIT Silchar will be provided for this Group.
Following students will be considered in this category
- Institute Employee
- Project Staff
- Sponsered External Registration
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale)or equivalent (55% of marks).
- Students for admission into the Ph.D. Programs in Science departments must have a Master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks) is required.
- Open / OBC: Rs.500/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD.: Rs. 250/-
How to Apply:
- The applicants can apply for the Ph.D. program through the online application portal available.
- The payment reference number and date of the payment to be mentioned in the online application form, otherwise, the application form will be treated as canceled.
- The applicant must upload all relevant documents, self-attested, in connection with the credentials claimed by the applicant in pdf format along with the scanned signed copy of the Declaration form at the time of filling up of application form.
- The final pdf copy of the Application form must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for the Ph.D. program- Name of the department (applying for)- Group A / Group B”.
- Last date of submission of form to the Institute.: 2nd July 2021
- List of short-listed candidates to be uploaded to the institute website: 9th July 2021.