NIT Trichy | Ph.D. Programme: Full-Time & Part-Time; Apply by July 9th, 2021
- Indian Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, invites applications for Full-Time & Part-Time for July 2021 Session.
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program in the following 4 categories:
- Half-Time Research Assistantship (HTRA)
- Externally Funded
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Energy and Environment
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Management Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Production Engineering
Department Wise Eligibility:
1. Department of Architecture
- Applicants with Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Planning and a Master’s degree in Architecture/Design/Planning/Building Engineering and Management/Building Technology or its equivalent.
2. Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Applicants with B.E/ B.Tech. in Engineering/Technology followed by M.E./M.Tech./MS (By research) in Chemical Biochemical, Biotechnology, Petroleum, Petrochemical, Electrochemical.
3. Department of Civil Engineering
- Applicants with B.E. / B. Tech in Civil Engineering and M.E./M. Tech. specialization in Structural Engineering/Transportation Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/Hydraulics and water resources/GIS and Remote sensing/ Geotechnical Engineering (for part-time only)
4. Department of Computer Applications
- Applicants with masters’ degrees in Computer Applications or M.Sc. (Computer Science/OR&CA), M.E./M. Tech. in Computer Science & Engg. or Data Analytics.
5. Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor’s and Master’s / M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant branch of study.
6. Department of Energy and Environment Engineering
- Applicants with B.E/ B.Tech. in Engg/Tech. followed by M.E/ M. Tech./MS.
7. Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Bachelor’s and Master’s / M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study.
8. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B. E or B. Tech in (Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering) and Masters in any relevant field.
9. Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Masters’ degrees in the relevant discipline of Humanities/Social Science/Economics/Business Administration/Commerce/Statistics.
- Dual Degree applicants are advised to fill up the ‘Academic Qualification’ option in the online application format as follows:
- Graduate degree: Fill up the CGPA / % Marks up to 8th Semester (year of passing: 8th Semester Examination year).
- Post Graduate degree: Fill up the CGPA / % Marks of the 7th to 10th Semester (year of passing: 10th Semester Examination year).
- An applicant fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria (cf. page 3) can choose up to 3 departments he/she is eligible for.
- Each application must accompany an application fee is Rs. 1000/- per department for OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS applicants and Rs. 750/- per department for SC/ST/PwD applicants. Applications to more than one department shall be considered only upon payment of the requisite fees for each department.
- The fee payment (for one more department) should be made through State Bank i-collect mode only, on or before the last date – July 9, 2021.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must apply through an online portal.
- Applicants are requested to apply online only. A hard copy of the application is needed through proper channels from the part-time internal applicants only.
- Applicants must fill/enter their CGPA or percentage of marks as issued by their institute/university.
- Online applications once submitted by the applicants shall be considered final and Page 14 of 19 bindings. Requests for making corrections in the online application shall not be entertained once the final submission is made.
- Selection of applicants for admission in all the four categories mentioned in sections 3.1 & 3.2 will be based on an initial screening followed by their performance in the written test*/interview/counseling to be conducted online for this session of admissions.
- Start of Online Application (Website Open): June 9, 2021
- Last Date for submission of Online application (Website Closure): July 9, 2021 (5:00 p.m.)
- Tentative Schedule for Written Test*/Interview: Around July 15, 2021