NIT Warangal FDP on Python for Scientific Computing, Apply by July 10, 2021
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at National Institute of Technology Warangal, NITW is organizing a five-day workshop in association with the Center for Continuing Education on "Python for Scientific Computing".
- This short-term course will be conducted three hours a day with no overlap with the regular office hours.
- The sessions will begin in the evening time, possibly after 5 pm.
- All topics will be covered with hands-on using Python.
Date of Workshop:
12th – 16th July 2021
- The program will positively impact the perceived ability to know programming constructs in Python.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of python concepts to solve real-world problems
- Introduction to Python:
- Installation, Python Editors
- Variables, Objects, Operators, Primitive Data Types
- Compound Data types: List, Tuples, Sets, Dictionaries
- Conditional Statements
- Loops: for, while, do-while
- Functions, Building your own functions
- Numpy: Multi-dimensional Arrays
- Matplotlib: 2D and 3D plotting in python
- Regular Expressions
- Scipy: Scientific library for python
- Pandas: Providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and many more.
Who can Participate? :.
- Eminent faculty from IITs, Central Universities, Industry, and Senior Faculty from different departments of NIT Warangal, will deliver lectures and conduct hands-on sessions.
- Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students: Rs 500/-
- Industry participants: 1000/-
- Workshop dates: 12th – 16th July 2021
- Last date of Registration & Payment: 10th July 2021.
- As the program is conducted online with hands-on sessions, the number of participants in the workshop is limited to 80.
- Candidates are advised to register early to avoid disappointment