Internship Opportunity | Ph.D. Residency- Quantum Physics at Moonshot Factory, Apply Now!
Applicants are invited for the Internship for Ph.D. Residency - Quantum Physics offered by The Moonshot Factory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with teammates on specific challenges related to quantum
- communication, security, and sensing.
- Researching and understanding the project’s need
- Creatively experimenting with ways in which quantum physics can be applied to the specific challenge
- Prototyping software and/or hardware solutions
- Implement solutions on quantum hardware
- Learning Moonshot thinking, attending colloquium and tech talks
- Engaging with the X Internship community throughout the program
- Research experience in quantum computing, quantum information, condensed matter physics, experimental AMO, or high energy physics.
- Experience with Cirq or similar quantum computing packages.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with tensor network algorithms.
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing a Ph.D. degree
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind, and external organizations
- Due to Covid-19, internships are held remotely through 2021
- Laptops and equipment will be provided
- Duration: a flexible 4 month to 1-year program based on project team needs and your availability.