TEAGASC Ph.D. WALSH Scholarship Opportunity!!! [Apply Now]
TEAGASC Ph.D. WALSH SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY Improved Pig Health through the Novel Application of SynBio in Phage Therapy
Interested candidates may apply soon.
About the Scholarship:
- The Scholarship offers a 4-year Ph.D. position starting from October 2021. The Ph.D. student will become part of a team that includes other Ph.D. students, postdocs, and research technicians. The Ph.D. student will also avail of Teagasc and UCC support structures, which offer opportunities for courses for scientific, personal, and professional development.
- The scholarship funding is €24,000 per annum and includes University fees of up to a maximum of €6,000 per annum and is tenable for 4 years.
- Applicants should have a good primary degree (First or Upper Second Class Honours) or M.Sc. in Microbiology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, interactive, and willing to learn new techniques. Preferred candidates have very good teamwork abilities and a high level of oral and written English.
- 5.00 pm on Friday, September 3 rd 2021 with expected interviews in mid-September.