The University of Aberdeen vacancies for Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer
The School of Natural and Computing Sciences is looking to appoint two full-time staff at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level in Mathematics with research expertise in an area of pure mathematics that supports or complements the existing strengths in topology, algebra and applied topology.
- School/Section: Natural and Computer Science
- Division: Mathematical Science
- Staff Category: Academics
- Position Type: Full type
- Location: Aberdeen
- Closing Date: 26th April 2021
- Candidates whose work applies to the broader University priority area of ‘Data & AI’ are especially welcome, as are those open to exploring opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Successful candidates will also be expected to teach a broad range of mathematics lectures, problem classes and tutorials, and undertake administrative duties as necessary.
- Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate an outstanding research profile, as evidenced by publications in leading journals. Candidates must also demonstrate their potential for sustaining a research programme at the University of Aberdeen and gaining external research funding.
- Candidates should have a PhD and demonstrable research expertise in Mathematics or a related discipline relevant to the role.
- For a Senior Lecturer position, candidates should prove a track record of successful grant applications, research student supervision, and undergraduate/taught postgraduate teaching.
- This role is based in the UK, and as such, the victorious candidate will be required to live and work in the UK.