United nation invites application for the Intern Position for "Economic Affairs"
Job Opening for Intern at United Nations in the topic "Economic Affairs."
- Posting Title: INTERN - ECONOMIC AFFAIRS, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN - ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
- Department/Office: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- Duty Station: New Delhi
- Posting Period: 05 March 2021 - 30 September 2021
- Job Opening Number: 21-Economic Affairs-ESCAP-151227-J- (O)
- Staffing Exercise: None
- The work program of ESCAP-APCTT covers analytical and normative work, policy support and advocacy, technical assistance, and capacity-building activities.
- Mandates and operations of United Nations in developing countries and countries with special needs to provide policy advice, capacity building, and platform for governments for achieving SDGs.
- Regular monitoring of relevant developments, policy trends, and news articles related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in the subregion;
- Monitor and collect details on national policies on selected sustainable development issues of member States of ESCAP
- Collect data, generate figures and tables, describe and analyze the tables and results to support ESCAP-APCTT staff in related research and analytical work
- Attend conferences, seminars, meetings, and other events and provide written highlights and briefing notes
- Provide administrative, organizational, and conference management support for ESCAP-APCTT events
- The supervisor may decide on other activities.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum
- Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.