WORLD RESOURCES INSTITUTE - Hiring for Internal Communications Intern, Apply now!
World Resources Institute is offering candidates to apply for the Internal Communication Intern.
The Internal Communications function sits within the Core Communications team, which oversees communications strategy and outreach to expand WRI’s reach, reputation, and impact.
- Support the ongoing rollout of WRI’s new five-year strategic plan by contributing to the creation and maintenance of internal resources (e.g. FAQs, slide decks, intranet hub).
- Coordinate and edit a weekly staff newsletter focused on upcoming events.
- Post and update content on WRI’s intranet, Banyan.
- Support the upgrade of the intranet platform, including assisting teams with content management tasks before and after content migration.
- Assist in drafting and editing internal announcements and updates.
- Assist in planning and producing staff meetings and other internal events.
- Support internal campaigns focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion; hybrid work; and other institutional initiatives.
- Assist with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 products chosen (Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Interest in environmental and development issues, and commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
- Comfortable with a hybrid or remote work arrangement.
The pay range for this internship opportunity is $20/ hour for undergrads and $22/ hour for graduates
6-month internship with a flexible start and end date
This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens
WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship