IISc Bangalore - Four-Year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme, Apply by 31 May 2023
IISc Bangalore is admitting students for the Four-Year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme.
The Indian Institute of Science, a leading institution of higher learning with a strong tradition of research, offers a Four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme which is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry. Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year. Applications are invited for admission to the four-year undergraduate programme at the Institute. Eligibility, selection criteria, and other details are also available at the website https://bs-ug.iisc.ac.in/.
|Mandatory Educational Qualifications. (Qualifying exam)||National Entrance Exam (i.e., Mode of Entry) Requirements|
(a) Candidates who have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2022 and also those who are expecting to complete their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2023.
(b) The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects in their qualifying exam along with any other subjects.
(c) The candidates must have secured a first-class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or equivalent)
Selection will be based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations.
IISER Aptitude Test is introduced as a new mode of Entry for the Academic Year 2023-24. Candidates have to apply directly on the IISc admission portal to apply through this mode of Entry.
How To Apply:
The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the following website from 15. 03. 2023. (a) www.iisc.ac.in → Admissions → click Apply Online (b) https://bs-ug.iisc.ac.in/→Prospective students →Click Apply online.
|General / OBC / EWS (economically weaker section)||Rs. 500|
|SC / ST / PwD (person with a disability)||Rs. 250|
1.*The application fee is non-refundable; the applicant must bear any bank or payment gateway service charges.
2. Payment options: Online payment through net banking, debit card, visa/master credit card/UPI.
|The website opens for online submission of applications||15.03.2023|
|Last date for online submission of applications (website closes at 23:59 hours on 31.05.2023)||31.05.2023|
- Reservation/concession/relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/Person with disability (PwD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM), Kashmiri Pandits/Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non-Migrants) living in the Kashmir valley: as per Government of India regulations.
- 10 % Supernumerary Quota over and above the approved intake for the program will be provided to women candidates.
- A minimum of “Pass Class” in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or equivalent) is required for SC/ST students.
- Applicants applying under the EWS and OBC (as per the central list of OBC available at www.ncbc.nic.in) category must ensure that they have t h e valid EWS/OBC-NCL Certificates issued on or after 1st April 2023 (i.e., valid in FY: 2023-24) by 31 May 2023.
- Scholarships: All the students who join the Institute are eligible for a scholarship from the KVPY/INSPIRE/IISc Promotional Scheme (IIScP), depending upon their mode of entry. Scholarships from many Indian and multinational agencies and business houses are also available for meritorious students. The scholarship amount may vary for different scholarship agencies as per norms.
- The applicants are advised to visit the Four-year Bachelor of Science(Research) programme website at https://bs-ug.iisc.ac.in/news.html and the admissions portal, frequently for all admission-related updates.