IISC Bangalore | Research (M.Tech. (Research)/Ph.D.) Program Admission – August 2023 Session, Apply by 6th April 2023!
IISC Bangalore is inviting applications for Research (M.Tech. (Research)/Ph.D.) Program Admission – August 2023 Session. Interested ones can apply.
- All International candidates who are foreign Nationals holding a foreign passport are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who hold non-Indian passports, but are Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders, will be treated as foreign nationals for IISc admissions under the following two categories:
- Category-1: OCI students who have obtained their degree/domiciled in India. The definition of domiciled in India pertains to a qualifying degree (for M.Tech. and Research admissions, it is B.S. (4 years)/B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc.) obtained from India. These Category-1 students will apply through the regular admission portal. There will be no separate merit list for these Category-1 students and they will be part of the general category merit list.
- Category-2: OCI students with a foreign degree/domiciled in a foreign location. The students should have qualifying degrees (for M.Tech. and Research admissions, B.S. (4 years)/B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent) obtained from foreign locations. They will apply through the current international student admission portal. All admission rules that are prevalent for international students will be applicable to Category-2 students.
- Candidates with equivalent degrees as specified in the eligibility of research programs (access the list and eligible degree programs here)
- The medium of instruction for the Bachelor’s program (or equivalent) should have been English. Exemptions can be made for exceptional candidates.
- Preferred to have at least one valid Standard Test (GRE/IELTS/TOEFL) score
Selection Procedure (2 steps):
- Shortlisting based on educational qualifications for interview
- Interviewing (online) of shortlisted candidates
The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
Procedure for Applying
- Application Form (available only online): The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the International Admissions Website from February 07, 2023, to April 06, 2023.
- Detailed Instructions are available in this document.
- You will also require details and scores obtained in the standard exam (as given in the eligibility section)
- If applicable, please upload your Academic Achievements along with the qualifying documents/certificates. This may include the Research Publications, conferences & workshops attended, and awards/certifications.
Applications opening date: February 07, 2023
Online Interactive Session: Will be updated on the OIR website
Applications closing date: April 06, 2023, at 11:59 PM IST
Start date of the Program: August 2023