IISER Thiruvananthapuram | Application for the Admission to Ph.D. Program; Apply by 21 May 2022
IISER Thiruvananthapuram is inviting applications to hire Admission to the Ph.D. program, Interested candidates can apply.
Eligibility Criteria :
- 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s program in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
- (BE/BTech degree in relevant areas is admissible for selected research areas in the School of Physics, see: Research Areas)
- The candidate must have qualified for at least one of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF or GATE, or other national-level examinations as mentioned below, with validity as of 01 August 2022.
- BS-MS students from any of the IISERs/IITs/IISc with CGPA 8 or above on a 10-point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test-related criteria.
|SCHOOL||RELEVANT AREAS||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Biological Sciences||Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).||
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to joining DBT or ICMR-sponsored projects are not eligible.
** GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution, and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.
*** Candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM Ph. D. applications shortlisting committee based on their marks/score.
|Chemical Sciences||Chemical Sciences||
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/ relevant area of science||
|Physical Sciences||Physical Sciences/Material Science/ Engineering areas closely related to the research areas of the School of Physics, IISER TVM||
For the * marked research areas listed below BE/BTech candidates are eligible to apply.
Important Dates :
|The online application portal opened from||29 April 2022|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||21 May 2022|
Tentative Interview Dates
|Biological Sciences||1st Round 1 June 2022|
|2nd Round 6-7 June 2022|
|Chemical Sciences||23-24 June 2022|
|Mathematical Sciences||9-10 June 2022|
|Physical Sciences||27-28 June 2022|
|Mode of examination||See the School wise selection procedure|