IISER Pune | Applications are invited for Research Associate, Apply by August 05, 2022
IISER Pune is inviting applicants for Purely on Temporary and Contractual Basis for Research Associate. Interested candidates can apply.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (renamed Ministry of Education in August 2020). In 2012, IISER Pune was declared an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
Ph.D. in Mathematics
- No. of posts: 01
- Title of the project: Shimura curves at infinity
- Funding Agency: Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Project code: 30120529
- Preference: Exposure to Arakelov theory and minimal regular models of modular curves
- Job Requirements: Write a research paper on minimal regular models
- Tenure of the appointment: r one year extendable for further period subject to continuation of the project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent
- Consolidated emoluments per month: Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA to Rs. 54,000/- + 24 % HRA per month based on experience.
- Age: Not more than 35 years as of the last date of submission of application
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or IISER Pune
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The prescribed date for determining the upper age limit, educational qualifications, or experience shall be the last date for submitting applications.
- The prescribed educational qualification should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualification/s are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration minimum educational qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the applicants, to mention all the educational qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- Age relaxation commensurate with the educational qualification/s and/or experience/s of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualifications and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted candidate/s may be offered the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.