IIT Bhubaneswar- Workshop on Software-defined Networks and its Applications, Apply by June 15th, 2021
- Department of Electrical Science and Engineering, at National Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, NITB is organizing a 2-week workshop on "Software-defined Networks and its Applications".
- The course will highlight the prevailing performance and security challenges in SDN across various domains and therefore the potential solutions for those challenges. In addition, the course will cover practical sessions on simulating existing controller’s functions and analyzing performance with heterogeneous topology and case studies in several applications.
Date of Workshop:
June 22 - July 2, 2021
- If you are a Computer Scientist or Electronic Engineer interested in developing tools and solutions for future generation data and communication networks.
- If you are a faculty from academic institutions interested in Software-defined Networks and their real-life implications.
- Introduction to Software-defined Networks (SDN)
- Traffic Management & Load Balancing
- Network Function Virtualization, Distributed Controller Design, and Controller Placement
- Security Challenges in SDN
- Applications of SDN and Case Studies
- SDN for Cloud Computing and IoT applications
- There is no course fee for the primary 30 participants (holding faculty position) from AICTE approved engineering colleges.
- After the primary 30 participants, a participation fee of Rs. 1000 + 18% GST is applicable for the Industry/ Research Organizations, Faculties/Officials and Rs. 500 + 18%GST for the research scholars / students.
- Participants are requested to send online payment proof alongside their form at plb[at]iitbbs.ac.in.
- Participants must send the endorsement certificate duly signed by the Head of the Department/Institution along with their application form at plb[at]iitbbs.ac.in.
- Last date of registration: 15th June 2021.
- The selected candidates will be informed through email latest by 18/06/2021.
- Course: June 22 – July 2, 2021