IIT Madras FREE Course on Introduction to Wireless and Cellular Communications
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, IIT Madras has launched the online course on Introduction to Wireless and Cellular Communications on the online platform Swayam. This course by Prof. R. David Koilpillai.
This is an 08-week online course starting from 18 Jan 2021.
The following topics will be covered in this online course,
- Cellular Concepts – Frequency reuse, Cochannel, and Adjacent Channel Interference, C/I, Handoff, Blocking, Erlang Capacity
- Wireless propagation Part 1 - Link budget, Free-space path loss, the noise figure of a receiver
- Wireless propagation Part II - Multipath fading, Shadowing, Fading margin, Shadowing margin,
- Antenna Diversity
- Wireless Channel Capacity
- CDMA Part I
- CDMA Part II
- OFDM and LTE Part I
- OFDM and LTE Part II
- Large Scale Propagation effects and Channel Models
Who can Enroll:
- Any interested learner.
- Intended Audience: B.E. / B.Tech/ M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D. students who have completed digital communications
Analog and Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processing
- Average assignment score = 25% of the average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
- Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
- Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score