NIT Delhi | Applications for a full-time Ph.D. program sponsored by MeitY, Govt. of India, Apply by 19th October 2023!
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Engineering Programme 2023-24 session for four seats under Visvesvaraya Scheme supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India in the following areas:
- Computer Sciences and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. program of the Institute are as follows:
- Candidates with a Master's degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) or a Master's degree by Research in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of a four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record and valid GATE score in an eligible discipline.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of a four-year Bachelor's or integrated Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with a good academic record in the relevant discipline provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8 (7.5 for OBC- NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10.0 point scale.
- Merely fulfilling above mentioned minimum eligibility criteria does not ensure the selection or even eligibility for the entrance test/ interview or both.
- Regarding selection, the decision of the Competent Authority will be treated as final and binding.
- Existing registered PhD students may also apply as fresh candidates for this PhD admission if they are not getting any scholarship.
- Short-listing criteria will be decided by the respective committees.
Financial Support for Full-Time PhD candidates under the Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme:
Rs. 38,750/- per month in 1st & 2nd Year and Rs. 43,750/- per month in 3rd, 4th, and 5th years of Ph.D. (support till Ph.D. completion or 5 years whichever is earlier).
Research Contingency Grant Support:
An amount of Rs. 1.20 Lakh per year/Full-Time PhD candidate as support for PhD candidate.
|UR/ OBC-NCL/ EWS Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates||Rs. 500/|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 50|
List of Enclosures (Minimum) to be attached along with the application form (in a single PDF with application form) appropriately during Filling Up the Online Google Form:
- Transaction ID for the application fee payment
- Passport size photograph
- Class X Examination Mark-sheet/ Certificate (May be uploaded for Date of Birth proof also)
- Class XII Examination Mark-sheet/ Certificate
- B.Tech/ B.E. Examination certificate indicating the detailed marks
- M.Tech Examination certificate indicating the detailed marks
- Valid Certificate in support of a claim under reserved category (OBC-NCL/ EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD)
- GATE/ JRF/ NET qualifying certificate
- Synopsis (1-2 pages, maximum) on a proposed area of research.