NIT Rourkela Applications are invited for Ph.D. Program; Apply by August 9th, 2021
- Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. Program under POVERTY ALLEVIATION RESEARCH CENTRE (PARC) DOCTORAL RESEARCH ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMME, at National Institute of Technology Rourkela in the departments of:
- Mathematics - 01
- Humanities and Social Sciences - 01
|S.No.||Name of the department||Code||Indicative Broad Area of Research|
|1.||Mathematics||MA||Numerical Analysis/Statistics/ Financial Mathematics/Artificial Intelligence/Machine Intelligence/Soft Computing|
|2.||Humanities and Social Sciences||HS||Economics/ Development Studies/ Statistics|
Eligibility Criteria for Ph. D Programme:
- CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines.
- Computer software such as MATLAB, PYTHON, R, and/or any other programming languages;
2. Humanities and Social Sciences
- CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks or 1st class in relevant disciplines.
- : Fieldwork experience, knowledge of SPSS, STATA, PYTHON, Statistics and Econometrics, good English writing skills, and report writing
- Rs.56,500/- for General Students
- Rs. 49,000/- for SC/ST students
How to Apply:
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic records, the relevance of qualification, interest in the research area mentioned above, and performance of the candidate in test and/or interview. Therefore, merely attending a test and/or interview does not guarantee admission.
- The selected student will have to choose a research topic from the indicative broad area of research mentioned above.
- The application form will be available on the Institute website for online submission: 29.07.2021 (Thursday) to 09.08.2021 (Monday)
- Publication of result of scrutiny in the website: 11.08.2021 (Wednesday)
- Test and/ Interview: For MA – 13.08.2021 (Friday) For HS – 14.08.2021 (Saturday)
- Publication of result of Interview on the website: 17.08.2021 (Tuesday)
- Admission: 20.08.2021 (Friday)
- Semester Registration: 23.08.2021 (Monday)
- Starting of Class / Research work: 23.08.2021 (Monday)
- Fellowship won't be awarded to candidates above 32 years aged for Ph.D. (35 years for SC/ST, and ladies candidates with a minimum of one child) on the deadline of receipt of application.