IIT Bhilai admission to MTech programs in Various Discipline
Overview: IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to MTech programs in various disciplines for the session starting from July 2021. Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria as defined hereunder are invited to apply for admission to the MTech program at IIT Bhilai as a regular student. A student admitted to the regular MTech program of the Institute shall receive Institute Fellowship as per the norms defined by MHRD.
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
- Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first-class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score (refer to Table 1 for Discipline-specific criteria).
- CPI/CGPA of 8.0 in BTech, if done from an IIT.
Computer Science and Engineering
|GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH.|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST.|
- Start date for application (online only) March 22, 2021 (10:00 Hrs IST)
- Last date for submitting the online application form including payment of the application fee April 19, 2021 (17:00 Hrs IST)
- Selection process (Written test and/or interview) May 9, 2021
Step 1: Apply Online
- The candidate has to apply online from the IIT Bhilai website. After filling in the details, an Application Number will be generated. The Candidate should note down the Application Number. And make sure to upload the required Testimonials along with a photograph and signature.
Step 2: Make Payment
- Application fee of 100 INR is applicable for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates and 200 INR is applicable for other candidates.