IIT Indore- Applications invited for JRF Position, 30,000/- p.m.; Apply by April 30th, 2021
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) sponsored project at The Indian Institute of Technology Indore.
- Project Title: “Design and Evaluation of a Multi-objective Controller for a Continuous Biocrude Reactor”.
- This project requires a multitalented Junior research fellow who can work on designing and building the equipment, perform mathematical modeling of differential equations, and is familiar with computer programming, and process control systems
- There is a strong possibility that the JRF employed in this project can convert this project into a Dissertation research project for Ph.D. at IIT Indore.
- Depending on the success of the concept during the project, there is a possibility of setting up a start-up company at the end of this project
- Chemical/Mechanical/Agricultural/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/University with valid GATE or UGC-CSIR (JRF). Students with M.Tech will be given preference.
- Knowledge of heat and mass transfer, chemical reaction kinetics, and classic process control methods.
- Knowledge and ability to solder and build small test circuits using Arduinos/Raspberry Pi.
- Ability to handle hand tools and work in a machine shop without supervision.
- Demonstrated laboratory and computer modeling experience.
- Ability to model differential equations in any programming language (MATLAB, C preferred)
- Knowledge of Machine learning methods and advanced process control.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV along with a cover letter (one-page maximum) explaining why they should be considered for this position.
- Complete information of year of passing, experience, marks, etc. should be mentioned in the CV.
- TA/DA: NO TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview if conducted in person.
- Duration: Initial appointment will be for 6-12 months, which is extendable up to a maximum of 30 months solely based on performance.
- Compensation: The salary will be as per the DST norms. As an example, JRF may get about Rs. 30,000/month+16% HRA or campus accommodation in lieu of HRA.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected without review.
- Last date to apply: 30th April 2021