RRI Bangalore- Invites Application for Research Assistant(RA) | 23,500/- p.m. | Apply by 15 May 2021
Applications are invited for up to TWO posts of RESEARCH ASSISTANT (RA) on a temporary basis for the Chromatin Biology Project in the Soft Condensed Matter Group of the Raman Research Institute.
- RA will be responsible for setting up in-vitro experiments on chromatin assembly for single-molecule biophysics experiments in nanoscale devices project in the Soft Condensed Matter group at RRI. A good hands-on experience of molecular biology techniques is a must.
- M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. degree in any field of Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Chemical Sciences with at least 1 year of academic research or industrial work experience in molecular biology and DNA and protein biochemistry.
- Experimental work experience in a research lab in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, cloning, recombinant protein expression, and purification, and microscopy imaging.
- Candidates with experience with chromatin assembly, DNA-protein complex assembly, handling RNA work will be preferred. Hands-on experience with quantitative techniques like UV-vis absorption, white-light and/or fluorescence microscopy, and density gradient fractionation will be preferred.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary lab environment, detail and math-oriented, excellent documentation skills and should have quantitative approach in research. Familiarity with Excel, Onenote as well as any programming language is desirable.
- The upper limit is 45 years, as on the last date for the closing of applications.
- The last date for receipt of applications is 15 May 2021.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per Govt., of India rules for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
- The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for test/ interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of relevant qualification and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The Candidate should be self-driven, motivated, and have leadership skills to manage the personnel working with him.