CSIR-IGIB Applications invited for Ph.D.; Apply by 30th April 2021
- The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D degree.
- PhD students in CSIR-IGIB are enrolled in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) and the degree will be awarded by AcSIR.
- Masters (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Biology. B.Tech
- All candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at the time of joining in all cases).
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects
Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application) which is relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- Register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal.
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website (www.igib.res.in)
- Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude.
- Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, to be held in June 23-25, 2021.
- The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences. Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
- At the time of admission all selected candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee (Rs 10000 for general category and Rs 5000 for SC/ST/non-creamy OBC candidates).
- The decision of the Admission Committee will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Canvassing of any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as a disqualification.
- No TA/DA will be paid at any stage of the selection process.
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.