IIT Jammu- Admission to Ph.D. Programs for Academic Year (2021-22)
- The online applications are invited for admission in the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for the session 2021-22 in the different Departments of The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology along with a good academic record. OR
- Master’s degree in Science (with an honest academic record) and a legitimate GATE score / UGC/CSIR-JRF/GPAT/ NBHM or equivalent qualification within the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. Exemption under schemes as agreed by the IIT Council for college kids of NITs/IITs/IIITs/IISERs/IISc could also be acceptable. OR
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible discipline.
For admission to Ph.D. programs, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website.
Rs.1000/- for General/Gen-EWS/OBC category
Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Chemistry &Physics.
Category of Admission:
- Institute Research student/candidate (Full Time)
- Full Time externally funded students (UGC, CSIR, GPAT, SERB, DST, etc.)
- Cutoff date up to which applications considered: 15-05-2021
- Tentative date of applications shortlisting: 20-05-2021
- Tentative date for receiving call letter for selection process: 26-05-2021
- Tentative dates for the selection process scheduled from 03-06-2021 to 11-06-2021
- Round of admissions: (i) 1 st round of admission: 28-06-2021 to 05-07-2021 (ii) 2nd round of admission: 08-07-2021 to 12-07-2021 (if applicable) (iii) 3 rd round of admission: 15-07-2021 to 20-07-2021 (if applicable)