IIT Jammu invited application of Admission to Ph.D. Programs in various departments
- The online applications are invited for admission in the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for the session 2021-22 in the Indian Institute of Technology JMU.
- The student can apply for PhD program throughout the year however the shortlisting and selection will be done twice a year by each department.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Chemistry &Physics.
Categories of Admission:
- Institute Research student/candidate (Full Time)
- Full Time externally funded students (UGC, CSIR, GPAT, SERB, DST etc.)
- A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology along with a good academic record. OR
- Master’s degree in Science (with a good academic record) and a valid GATE score / UGC/CSIR-JRF/GPAT/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. Exemption under schemes as agreed by the IIT Council for students of NITs/IITs/IIITs/IISERs/IISc may be acceptable. OR
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible discipline.
- Rs.1000/- for General/Gen-EWS/OBC category
- Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- For admission to Ph.D. programs, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website.
- Cutoff date up to which applications considered: 15-05-2021
- Tentative date of applications shortlisting: 20-05-2021
- Tentative date for receiving call letter for selection process: 26-05-2021
- Tentative dates for the selection process scheduled from 03-06-2021 to 11-06-2021
Round of Admission:
- 1 st round of admission: 28-06-2021 to 05-07-2021
- 2 nd round of admission: 08-07-2021 to 12-07-2021 (if applicable)
- 3 rd round of admission: 15-07-2021 to 20-07-2021 (if applicable)
- Candidates are requested to apply online only. The hard copy of the application needs not be submitted. The application in any other mode/form will not be considered.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview.
- Departments/Centers of the Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number, based on qualifications and/or experience
- Online applications found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence/ communication will be entertained in this regard.